Our Sponsors

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

'fault milestone two side:above' now available on Steam!

Oh I am such an excited little girl right now.


Today is the release of the next installment in the fault series: fault milestone 2 side:above.

Yeah, I know that's a mouthful, but it'll make sense when you play some.

fault is an amazing visual novel series by Alice in Dissonance, written by munisix and arted by Hare Konatsu (who also did the art you see on this blog). It follows the story of Princess Selphine Rughzenhaide and her bodyguard, Ritona Reighnvhasta, as they make their way home from the opposite side of their world. Along the way they encounter people who use a mystical craft called 'science' rather than magic, nations with class divides unheard of in their home country, and a young woman who really really seems to want Selphine dead at all costs.

People who've followed me awhile have heard me talk this up before -- fault milestone one is still available on Steam, and I highly recommend you start there as it's a running story. As before, I serve as the editor for this project, and I'm so pleased to be a part of it.

This second installment has stepped things up in so many ways, though. While it does use sprites and still scenes a la your typical visual novels, the programmers have gotten extremely creative with fake 3D "cameras" and game mechanics. The demo alone took my breath away, and that was with me already knowing the script practically by heart. It's beautiful to look at and a genuinely rich story that (I promise) is leading to one hell of an end game.

fault milestone 2 will be released in two parts. What can you expect in side:above? Without giving too much away -- a cute robot girl with real-time upgrades, a new side to Selphine's personality, and a look-in from a gentleman who is vaguely reminiscent of a popular television physician.

Oh, and it's 25% off for the first week.

Pick it up on Steam and get playing -- in the meantime, I'm going to keep an eye on my to-do list and see when it's time to start on the second half.