Our Sponsors

Friday, October 28, 2016

Oh God I'm doing NaNoWriMo.


No, I don't know what's come over me.

Yes, this close after Inktober.

Yes, right after starting a news writing job.

But dammit, I'm gonna try.

So I've never done NaNoWriMo before because I always saw it as a way to get people to write at all. And considering how much I write for a variety of reasons and in a variety of venues, I never considered it... necessary, I guess? So I never gave it a second thought.

But this year, after doing Inktober and seeing how much I benefited from that despite already drawing daily, I thought I'd give it a try. I do have a few novels 'in me,' as they say. And it'll answer for me once and for all whether or not I've got the time management skills to get it done.

Do I? No idea. I may lose. I'm perfectly prepared to. But I'm also perfectly prepared to do my damndest not to.

If you're on board, feel free to add me as a writing buddy. Either way, keep an eye on my meter over on the left. We'll see how I do.

Also, if you're feeling generous, consider sponsoring me as I write. The money goes back to NaNoWriMo, so they can keep doing what they do (which includes both their annual program and donations to schools and libraries).

Wish me luck... and good luck to anyone else participating!