Latest Posts

"Combat" ~ Just a Little Something.

By 6:00 AM


Between us (so, you know, the entire Internet), I don't consider myself terrible good at flash fiction. It's a new area for me. So when I got my first and only (so far) accepted in any way, I was pleased. I honestly thought it was one for the bottom draw, and that's simply because I'm new to the format and practice makes perfect.

"Combat" was a very silly off-the-cuff idea, all things considered. I was reminded of evenings getting drunk and gaming with college friends (which I still do, don't get me wrong). It worked far better than I intended it to, and I hope it gives people a bit of a chuckle.

For me, the most entertaining part was figuring out ways to describe the body language for my two characters... which will make sense once you've read all of it.

"Combat" was shortlisted for publication in Here Comes Everyone's Toys and Games issue. And while it didn't make the final cut, it did make it onto the website with some very good work.

Have a read of it now! And do let me know what you think!

You Might Also Like

0 comments