Latest Posts

Incandescent Mind: Finding Myself Ankle-Deep

By 6:00 AM



If you haven't noticed, I've been talking a lot more frankly about issues in my life concerning physical and mental health. That includes not only posts on here, but upcoming guest posts on other sites (which I'll be linking to as soon as they become available).

In that vein is the inaugural issue of Incandescent Mind, a multimedia anthology focusing on experiences with mental illness. I'm one among 70 contributors writing about my personal insights -- in my case, living with undiagnosed severe anxiety and seeking treatment.

Incandescent Mind is published by Sadie Girl Press. Founded by Sarah Thursday, SGP looks to bring attention to up-and-coming creators. This is their biggest publication to date, and it looks to be packed with a lot of interesting and thought-provoking material.

My aforementioned contribution, 'Ankle Deep,' was not just a retrospective of a previous event in my life. It was written literally the day after I finally sought help for my anxiety, while the feelings were still foremost in my mind. It's not often I write that close to an event, and it felt a bit uncomfortable writing about an event that was still essentially unresolved. But in retrospect, it's something I feel good about. And hopefully others will enjoy it, too.

You can pick up a copy now from Amazon. And if you enjoy it, be sure to like Sadie Girl Press on Facebook.

You Might Also Like

0 comments