Latest Posts

TEA REVIEW: Chapters Cozy Fall Black Tea Box Set

By 3:00 AM

 


NOTE: I am a Chapters affiliate - however, I pay for all teas I review and give my honest opinions. I do receive compensation if you use my discount code. Thanks for supporting my work and small businesses!

Chapters Tea and Co. may have dropped the coffee from their catalog, but that just means more room for more literary-inspired tea blends! The newest seasonal box is perfect for getting cozy with your favorite books, with sweet and spicy flavors that complement the chill in the air (or serve as an aesthetic stand-in as you wait for the weather to cool off).

This box contains two new seasonal blends and one regular offering. All three of these flavored black teas can be ordered individually, or as part of the Cozy Fall Black Tea Box Set. The box set comes with one 2oz bag of each blend, plus a pack of steeping bags and a very gothy black metal measuring spoon.

Don't forget to use my code KARAD15 at checkout to get 15% off your order!



Chai Café Vanilla

The returning favorite, Chai Cafe Vanilla has been in the Chapters catalogue almost since the beginning. One thing I especially like about chai from Chapters is that it has a legitimate bite to it—like their Dune-inspired The Spice Chai Mélange, this blend includes black pepper and white pepper in addition to other sweet and savory spices.

While I personally usually take all my tea straight-up and steeped very strong, Chai Café Vanilla is absolutely made for milk tea lovers. It's great straight up, but even better with milk (which also brings out the vanilla flavor). But if you're like me and generally add nothing, it's a great late-day warm-up.




Poet's Pumpkin Spice

You can't have a fall drink set without pumpkin spice! This is one of the two new seasonal blends introduced in this box, and almost certainly the one most of you will be interested in. This is my personal favorite of the set, which is largely down to my love of teas that are at their best when they're at their strongest.

This blend contains pumpkin pieces in addition to cinnamon, orange, and apple flavors. Nothing in this blend overpower the rest; rather, it all comes together in one unified autumn-y flavor. If you, like me, are a fan of Chapters' darker, stronger teas (like Poet's Study and Second Breakfast), this will become a new go-to. It's become my morning breakfast tea for autumn.


Cozy Apple Spice

Poet's Pumpkin Spice may be my personal favorite, but this one is the MVP of the fall box. When you open the bag, this blend smells exactly like fresh apples. And that stays after you've brewed it up. It's a little bit tart, but not too much; if you've disliked apple teas before because they end up a little too sour, you're safe with this one.

As with the Chai Café Vanilla (and the Poet's Pumpkin Spice, really), this one would make a great milk tea. It doesn't brew up quite as strong as the pumpkin spice or the chai, but still strong enough that it'll make a nice cozy autumn drink.



Chai Café Vanilla is part of the regular Chapters catalogue, but seasonal blends may or may not stay. The Cozy Fall Black Tea Box Set and Poet's Pumpkin Spice look to be in limited supply, so get them while you can! And remember to use the code KARAD15 at checkout for discounts across the site.

You Might Also Like

0 comments