Latest Posts

Catch Me on Very British Futures!

By 3:00 AM

 


If you're following my work, there is a very good chance that you're a fan of British sci-fi. If you're not following for that, it's probably because of all the anime. Whichever it is, I think you'd get a kick out of my latest podcast appearance.

Very British Futures is a podcast run by Gareth Preston, a long-time friend of mine and maker of very many fun things. In each episode, he has guests on to discuss British science fiction serious—usually on the more obscure side. This time around, though, he's picked something more well known: Space: 1999. Though in my case, it was a relatively new discovery.



I join Gareth and fellow guest Ian Taylor to talk about three episodes of the series, one chosen by each of us. I chose Earthbound, which we discuss alongside Dragon's Domain and The Beta Cloud.

Even if you're on the anime side of my Venn diagram, I highly recommend giving this a listen. As I mention in my introduction, this show was instrumental in the work of many anime creators, including and especially Hideaki Anno. It might give you some interesting perspective into the shows you love half a world away.

Very British Futures can be found on your podcatcher of choice, or you can check it out right here courtesy Gareth's YouTube channel. Thanks for listening!



You Might Also Like

0 comments